At iPlay America, we want every single person that walks into our park feeling good and ready to Get Inside the Fun. That is why our employee, Tim Rohrer, is speaking out about how to be a good influence to those with disabilities.
When visiting iPlay America, Game Time Bar & Grill, Topgolf Swing Suite, or The Events Center @iPA in Freehold, New Jersey, Tim hopes that every guest will treat him as well as anyone else with a disability the same as you would anyone else.
When you step into our nearly 4 acres of family fun, there’s always something to do. Whether you’re here for the rides, arcade, a live concert, birthday party, or a corporate team building experience, we hope you’ll use Tim’s personal list of recommendations below when interacting with a person who has a disability.
- If you see someone who is different from you, that means that they might have a disability. Don’t be afraid of them. They just want to be like everyone else. Be nice and introduce yourself to them. Start to talk to them.
- If you see someone sitting or playing alone. Offer them to talk with you or play with you. They would be happy if they had someone to play with. But if they don’t want to play or talk, don’t force them to talk or play with you.
- Invite them to join your group of friends. People with disabilities want to have fun too. Invite them to sit with you at lunch or snack time. Even invite them to play with you on the playground during recess.
- Share your toys and play games with them. Remember to take turns with them.
- If they have a hard time learning or doing their work, try to help them if you can. Helping them out can get their work done faster.
What is a disability? A disability is a condition that makes things harder for people. There are 2 kinds of disabilities. There are physical disabilities and there are mental disabilities. (Cont. in brochure)
“Disabilities can’t be cured, but you can provide them treatment and you can also provide them with support., friendship, and love,” Tim exclaimed.
Do you want to read more? Pick up your very own copy of Tim Rohrer’s brochure in iPlay America’s iLounge during your next visit to the park. Click here to Get Inside The Fun today.