IPlay America and the event center at IPA is a multifaceted amusement and entertainment venue located in Freehold NJ. IPA is looking for an honest and passionate Executive Chef (EC) who will communicate and work hands-on with staff and at the same time gain their respect as the executive in the kitchen. He/she is a “leader” for its culinary team operating in a firm but fair manner holding staff accountable while enhancing their skills. The new EC will be passionate about food; will keep up with the latest food trends and will have a strong understanding of, and be responsive to, organic, gluten free and guests with allergies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume responsibility for and participate in all daily operations of kitchen and food outlet food preparation .
- Hires, schedules, and coordinates the work of all kitchen personnel to assure that food preparation is accurate, consistent, and within budgeted food and labor cost goals.
- Actively monitory staffing levels on a daily basis to minimize cost and increase productivity.
- Provides constant training and support for all kitchen personnel while building and maintaining a well-rounded team that is cross trained in multiple areas of the kitchen(s) and cross utilized as needed.
- Develop and enhance all menus throughout facility; keeping them up to date, priced accurately, and effective for operation.
- Manages all BOH operations for in park and special event concessions
- Responsible for communicating and working with Catering Sales Manager, Banquet manager in regard to banquet menus, food displays and buffet/food placement for all BEO’s.
- Responsible for daily/weekly food purchases throughout facility. Maintains positive relationship with current suppliers, while identifying new and potential suppliers.
- Manages daily par levels; ensures accurate level of prep and stock at each station on a consistent basis.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are always maintained throughout all BOH food and beverage areas . (temperature logs, HACCP review, sanitation walkthroughs, etc.)
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings as required.
- Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
- Performs line checks and demonstrates commitment to quality.
- Manages all aspects of inventory management.
- Receives product, approves and reviews invoices. Performs data entry of inventory.
- Demonstrates comprehension and ability to expedite in the restaurant kitchen as needed.
- Constantly demonstrates leadership skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and employees at once.
- Sets excellent guest service and work examples, including demonstrating exemplary work ethic.
- Maintains proper time keeping policies and procedures for all kitchen personnel.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Ensure a safe working environment and positive attitude on the part of all employees in areas of responsibility.
- Develops and provides a working environment that is professional, structured, and efficient for all employees in area of responsibility. Holds team accountable and provides disciplinary action as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of food and Beverage
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- The EC will be required to work during the company’s peak business periods as well as nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience
- Good listening and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, a commitment to his/her work and strong follow through qualities a must
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- College degree /culinary school degree preferred but not necessary
- Able to speak Spanish
- Must have computer knowledge
WORKING AS THE EC AT IPLAY AMERICA COMES WITH A LOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND REALLY GREAT PERKS
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent heath plan with dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance plan
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation and paid sick time
- Complimentary park passes
- Competitive bonus plan.
If you are interested in this career opportunity please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.