iPlay America a premier Indoor Theme Park with full service restaurant and event facilities is currently looking for a highly skilled extremely motivated Banquet Sous Chef to join our team.
The ideal candidate is an experienced self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Planning menus and submitting for approval.
• Scheduling and coordinating the cooks and other kitchen employees to assure food preparation is economical, technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
• Ensuring that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
• Safeguarding all food preparation by employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
• Managing controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
• Developing standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation, which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food, costs; exercises portion control for all items served.
• Cooking and directly supervising the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
• Evaluating products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
• Establishing and maintaining a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
• Providing training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
• Ensuring a safe working environment and attitude on the part of all employees in areas of responsibility
• Excellent record of kitchen management with emphasis on Banquets.
• Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
• Capable to delegating multiple tasks.
• Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
• Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
• Serv-Safe certified.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental and life insurance coverage, 401K plan and paid Sick and Vacation time.
If you find the above interesting, please submit your resume.