- Do not put a child on a ride that they may be afraid of.
- Watch the ride with your child before boarding.
- Read all park rules and warning signs aloud and together. Explain the information and ask your child to explain the material back to you. Prior to riding the ride, they should understand the warnings fully.
- Point out the operation and the entrance/exit locations prior to riding.
- Explain that rides sometimes stop temporarily, but that riders must never get off until the operator tells them to.
- Tell children to hold on tightly with both hands to lap bars, handholds or any other item designed specifically for hand placement.
- Obey minimum height, age and weight restrictions.
- Explain that playing games on amusement rides can also hurt other riders.
*** Make sure your children know about the dangers of drug and alcohol use. You should never ride an amusement ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol. ***