Check Off Your Rainy Day Bucket List with Fun Indoor Places Near Me
The kids are bouncing off the walls again. You’re frantically searching for some “fun indoor places near me” where they can run off some energy for a few hours.
We get it.
Many of us are parents, too. Whether you’re dodging the chill of winter, trying to escape the blazing summer sun or checking off your rainy day bucket list, New Jersey’s weather sometimes just doesn’t cooperate with what your family has planned.
Thankfully, iPlay America is bursting at the seams with indoor activities that kids can play all day… so parents can retain their sanity (and clean homes).
Ready to make your own bucket list of fun things to do inside and eliminate the “I’m bored” comments for good? Here are twenty of our favorites.
- First and foremost, create a road trip playlist. No matter where you’re traveling from, start the trip with your favorite tracks to boost the mood.
- Begin your adventure day with a fresh cup of coffee. Espresso more your thing? Check out The Grind Coffee Company where we have all your caffeine needs covered.
- Do something extreme. Race your friends around the Pine Belt Speedway or experience a 4D Theater thrill ride.
- Climb, balance, swing and burn off the bad weather stir-crazies on the High Ropes Course and Kidz Ropes Course.
- Indulge yourself with an authentic Jersey Shore funnel cake or ICEE at Sonny’s.
- Challenge your family to an exciting game of Laser Tag.
- Relive your glory days with your kids and show them how to play PacMan and Centipede the right way.
- Create your own scavenger hunt.
- Take your little pizza lovers to Rob’s Pizza Boardwalk style pizzeria for a midday snack.
- Ride an indoor roller coaster.
- Clean out and organize your closet. Or not.
- Steal a moment for yourself. Read an award-winning book by your fireplace or catch the game and relax at Game Time Bar & Grill.
- Do a random act of kindness for a complete stranger. Feed someone’s parking meter, donate your time at an animal shelter, host a community trash clean up. The possibilities are endless.
- Visit somewhere you’ve never been before. It could be as simple as trying a new restaurant or taking a day trip to a town that you’ve been meaning to explore.
- Bake a homemade sweet treat. Or enjoy some fresh fudge at Broadway Sweets, one of NJ’s largest candy stores!
- Document your rainy day with pictures and video. Seriously, bad weather makes for some interesting photo opportunities.
- Too tired to cook dinner? Order in or grab dinner out with the family. Game Time Bar & Grill offers fantastic food, $1 pool and the family-friendly environment you’ve been searching for.
- Attend a concert and jam to some tunes! Unsure of where to catch a show? Check out all of our upcoming concerts and shows.
- Mark your calendars in advance with all the family friendly events that are sure to keep them busy.
- Throw a pajama party with family or some friends. Keep the fun going when you get home with a movie marathon, popcorn and PJs.
What are you waiting for?
Fun Indoor Places in New Jersey
As NJ’s biggest indoor amusement park, kids can experience an arcade room that never sleeps, interactive courses that test their skills, and rides that kids all over New Jersey have put to their very scientific “fun test.”
We are New Jersey’s most fun indoor place for children of all ages (and that includes adults). Rain or shine, it’s party time. We’re open all year long, hosting summer camps, special events, birthday parties and more.